Acceptance & Enrolment

Acceptance & Enrolment

Important dates:

  • Enrolment 12TH FEBRUARY
  • orientation 19TH FEBRUARY
(Please note: this information applies to commencing undergraduate students. Those enrolling in the Graduate Diploma Education will receive specific correspondence regarding their enrolment and orientation. Any concerns please contact the campus 4472 2125)

Welcome and congratulations on choosing to study at UOW Batemans Bay. We hope your time with us will be an enriching, satisfying experience that will help you achieve your career and personal goals.

Enrolment is very important as it signifies the starting point of your relationship with the University. On enrolment day you will receive advice about planning your course and other information to help you get started with your degree. The enrolment process is quite simple and there will be many UOW staff to help you on the day. Please read the information relating to your enrolment carefully as it will help you to be better prepared on the day.

How do I accept an offer?
Preparing for enrolment day
How to get there?
Enrolment dates and times
What to bring to enrolment
On enrolment day
Information about fees and HELP
Session dates
Further information

How Do I Accept An Offer?

It depends on whether you received your offer via UAC or directly from UOW. Either way, it's easy to accept your offer.

Conditional Offers - direct applicants only

You are advised to check your offer letter for information regarding any conditions that may need to be cleared prior to your enrolment. Please note that all conditions must be cleared to enable you to enrol, preferably before enrolment day. Contact the campus office on 4472 2125 if you require assistance regarding this process.


How to defer

If you wish to defer your UOW offer please do not enrol in your course at this time. You can defer most UOW courses for a maximum of one year and no deferment fees are charged. All applications for deferment must be received by 31 March. Deferments are normally granted for 12 months although it may be possible to commence some courses in July. Please check UOW's Course Finder to confirm the intake availability for your degree

To access the on-line deferment application, simply go to the Deferral Request page. Once you have lodged your request you will receive an automated reply confirming the receipt of your deferment application. Information about the deferral process is available at that site.


Preparing for enrolment

There are a number of web sites you may wish to visit prior to enrolment. These sites may help you to prepare for enrolment as they contain links to our subject descriptions, University handbook, timetable and course information. The web addresses are:


How to get to the campus?

For details on how to get to the campus, please see the directions found at Our Location page.

Enrolment dates and times

Enrolment day WEDNESDAY 12TH FEBRUARY 2014

Including the following courses:

  • Bachelor of Arts
  • Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Business
  • Bachelor of Nursing

Arrival times for all courses is 9:30am 

Your enrolment will take place at UOW Batemans Bay (“Hanging Rock”, Beach Rd, Batemans Bay).   


What do I need to bring to enrolment day?

Offer of Admission letter (all students);

  • Proof of Australian citizenship or permanent residence - You must bring proof of your Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residence with you on enrolment day. You should bring an original or certified copy of one of the following documents: passport, birth certificate or citizenship certificate (a driver licence is not sufficient). If you are bringing your birth certificate and you are now married you should bring your marriage certificate with you as well. You will not be able to enrol if you do not provide the required documentation. Please note - domestic students are Australian citizens, New Zealand citizens or holders of a permanent residency or humanitarian visa. All other students are considered overseas students.
  • Tax File Number (if you intend to defer your HECS). If you are a Commonwealth supported student and intend to defer the payment of your Student Contributions you will have to provide your Tax File Number on enrolment day. Information about how to apply for a Tax File Number is available from the ATO website
  • If seeking credit and have not already had advanced standing awarded -academic transcripts (original and two copies) plus subject outlines and descriptions. If you are a Year 12 student you do not need to bring your HSC results or ATAR notice.
  • Any further documentation requested in your letter of offer (eg marriage certificates, change of name).


What happens at enrolment?

There will be staff available on the day to assist you with the enrolment process, including subject choices, degree advice, student card and Library access. Details will be provided on the day. If you have any concerns please contact Gayl Vidgen (ph: 4472 2125) prior to enrolment.


You must attend in person. Parents or other friends/relatives will not be permitted to enrol on your behalf. Your attendance on enrolment day will most likely take around two hours. You will receive advice about planning your course, timetable and other information to help you get started with your degree.

Restrictions on campus/subject enrolment

Your offer will be for a specific campus and you are expected to enrol into subjects offered at that campus. Restrictions may also apply to enrolment in subjects for degrees or faculties other than that for which you have received an offer. Talk to an academic adviser on enrolment day for further advice.

Choosing your subjects

Faculties either run information sessions on enrolment day to assist you with your subject selection or have academic advisers available to offer one-to-one assistance to choose your subjects. You can view current subjects for your course on the Timetables page.


Subject Numbers

100, 200, 300 and 400 level subjects refer to first, second, third and fourth year subjects respectively. For example: ACCY111 refers to the subject “Accounting Fundamentals in Society” which is a first year subject.

You can undertake subjects at any level, in any particular year, providing you have met the prerequisites for that subject. For example, in your third year of study you may be taking 100-level and 200-level subjects as well as 300-level subjects. Normally, in your first year at University you would enrol in 100-level subjects

Managing your enrolment

As a student at the University of Wollongong you will complete your initial enrolment online in our computer lab. There will be enrolment helpers to assist you through the process on enrolment day.

After enrolling, you are responsible to ensure that you are correctly enrolled at all times. This involves making sure that you enrol in subjects at the appropriate times and withdraw before session census dates from any subjects you no longer wish to study, thus ensuring you do not incur fees for the subject. To allow you to manage your enrolment, you will have access via Student OnLine Services (SOLS). You will be given information about SOLS and how to self manage your enrolment on enrolment.

Advanced Standing

If you wish to apply for credit for previous studies (and you have not already done so), you must bring an original copy, plus two photocopies, of your academic record to enrolment (even if previously provided). The application form for advanced standing will be available on enrolment day. It may also be necessary to provide outlines of the subjects you have previously undertaken so bring a copy of the relevant handbook from the institution where you completed your studies with you as well (showing subject outlines and descriptions for the subjects you have previously completed).


Full or part-time study

Full-time or part-time status is determined each session (Autumn and Spring) by the number of credit points in which you are enrolled.

To be classified as a full-time student you must be enrolled in at least 75% of a normal full-time load. For three-year degrees, full-time students normally enrol in a total of 48 credit points for the year (ie usually 4 subjects per semester). This enables you to complete your degree in the minimum time.

Part-time students enrol in less than 18 credit points per session. Normally, part-time students would enrol in 12 credit points per semester which would allow them to complete a 144 credit point degree within six years.

In most courses, 75% of a full-time load per session is required for financial assistance from Youth Allowance/AUSTUDY. You are recommended to contact Centrelink to see if you are eligible for financial support.

Student identification card

You will be issued with a student identification card on enrolment day. Your student card is valid for the duration of your course and you must carry it at all times whilst on University premises as you may be asked to produce it for identification purposes. You must present your card when borrowing from the Library and when sitting examinations.

Travel concessions

Travel concessions will be issued on enrolment day. To be eligible for a rail concession you must be a domestic student and be enrolled full time for both Autumn and Spring sessions. Rail concessions must be updated every year.


University Bridging and Orientation Program

Orientation will be held on Wednesday 19th February 2014 commencing at 9:30. Orientation Day you will receive your security pass and vital information about using the campus and commencing your studies. You will receive an Orientation Guide when you enrol.

Note: commencing Nursing students are required to attend an additional Orientation session on Thursday 20th February commencing at 9:30.

A comprehensive Bridging program is offered to all commencing students. It commences Tuesday 11th February 2014 and is made up of eight 3 hour sessions held over two weeks. This course will introduce students to the skills necessary for success in their studies and will cover such areas as academic writing, referencing and researching skills. A full program is available here.


Commonwealth Supported Students (CSS) and the Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)

A Commonwealth supported place is a place for which the Australian Government makes a contribution towards the cost of the course. The Higher Education Loan Program (HELP) is a package of loans to help students pay their course fees and to help students undertake study overseas. For information on Commonwealth supported places and HELP go to the Student Finances website.

Student Contributions for Commonwealth supported students (CSS).

Information regarding student contributions and fees can be found at  Student Finances.

Am I eligible for Youth Allowance, Austudy and Abstudy?

If you enrol as a full-time student you may be eligible for financial assistance from Centrelink. Information about Youth Allowance and Austudy, including payment rates, and the ability to lodge a claim online is available by visiting the Human Services website.

ABSTUDY provides financial assistance for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders who undertake approved full and part time study. For more information visit Centrelink


Session dates

19th February (PLUS 20th February for Nursing students)
Autumn Session dates
3 March - 6 June 2014
Spring Session Dates
28 July - 30 October 2014
Summer Session Dates
1 December 2014 - 30 January 2015

For a full list of academic session dates and other key dates go to the Key Sessions & Dates page.


Re-enrolment for subsequent semesters

All re-enrolments must be completed via the web (the process is very similar to the one you will use on enrolment day). The re-enrolment system for Autumn will be available from late November and the deadline to re-enrol will be late January.

University Services and Courses for New Students

Students with Disabilities

Please contact our Disabilities Liaison Officer who will be able to assist you should you have any particular needs or difficulties. Telephone (02) 4221 4942.

If you require any assistance on enrolment day please don't hesitate to ask staff for help

Student Support

Assistance is also available from our administrative staff, the Student Counsellor and Learning Development lecturer. They can assist you with a range of issues such as study difficulties, academic concerns, personal problems and family emergencies. These services are free and completely confidential. Call the campus office on 4472 2125 for more details.

First Year at UOW

First year at university is an exciting experience, but it can also be a bit confusing for many students, with new routines, expectations and responsibilities. You are not alone in facing these issues and there is valuable information and resources available to assist you. The First Year at UOW website is designed to help first year students settle in at UOW, to answer common questions and to act as a guide to useful services and information. For more information visit the First Year at UOW site

You should also refer to the Student Central website.


Frequently asked questions

Need more information or have a query about some aspect of your enrolment? If so, try our Enrolment FAQ page.

Further Enquiries

If you require further information regarding enrolment please do not hesitate to contact the campus on 4472 2125. You can also contact Student Central, our one-stop service facility for all enquiries. Student Central can be contacted on 1300 ASK UOW or you can lodge an On-line Enquiry.


Last reviewed: 10 June, 2014


Find out about the Aboriginal Higher Education Advisory Committee and other Aboriginal Community engagement projects at UOW Batemans Bay.